Your Skin Excretes 1 Pound of Waste Per Day!
by Tera Warner
Did you know that your body’s largest organ, the skin, is responsible for about one fourth of the daily detoxification needs required by your entire body?
Your skin excretes about a pound of waste every day!
One of the easiest, and most inexpensive, ways you can help your skin do the job it was designed to do by nature, is in learning how to dry brush your skin.
These helpful tips taken from our blog archives will show you how to get started:
When you use the technique of dry brushing, your skin will soon begin to feel much softer, smoother, and free of unsightly dead skin patches, and you will also be able to maintain your skin’s natural healthy glow. Using the awesome exfoliation properties of a natural bristled brush, loofah pad or textured wash cloth you will rid your body of dry, dead skin cells, resulting in fresher, cleaner and younger looking skin.
Here are just a few of the benefits of dry skin brushing:
- aid body circulation, letting your body more readily rid itself of excess toxins through your skin
- Takes off the top layer of skin to help open and unclog pores so impurities don’t build up.
- Stilmulates the hormonal system so mood, attitude and general health will all improve.
- stimulates the lymphatic system, which begins the detoxification process
- minimize the appearance of cellulite on the buttocks and upper thigh area and skin dimples!
- Stores of toxic fatty tissue are often the culprit behind cellulite, and dry skin brushing helps to rid the body of toxic waste, so it makes sense this would also be a great cellulite fighter and weight loss enhancer.
- Stimulates blood flow to the surface of your skin. And when adding a few drops of essential oils ilke chamomlie, rose otto, lavender, immortelle and frankincense. We’ve put all of these in our Opulent Skin Drops in the authentic beauty kit.
- helps boost immune system response. Since the body’s lymphatic system is stimulated through dry skin brushing, toxins are excreted from the body, resulting in a healthier and more efficient functioning immune system.
- Improve muscle tone by allowing fat cells to be more adequately spaced within the body.
- By using the brush in a brisk manner, it will aid in the stimulation of nerve cells, giving you a greater state of mind and body.
The skin gives us warning signs of what is going on in the body. If there is a rash, bump, boil, pimple etc., we can be sure that our organs are in some way out of balance.
Dead skin cells and outdoor pollution, as well as waste from inside the body, can sometimes have a challenge getting out through clogged pores. Skin brushing will help to move things along and allow the skin to breathe. This is vital for good health and detoxification!
4 Simple Steps to Getting Started
1. Buy yourself a bristle brush that is made of natural fibers. We have a great one in our be you authentic beauty skin care kit!
2. You should dry brush your skin before you enter the shower or bath, since the skin needs to be dry for this procedure to work. This is how dead skin cells and toxins are effectively taken off of the body.
3. When starting the dry skin brushing technique, begin with your feet, brushing them completely and vigorously in a circular motion, then moving upward to the ankles, calves, thighs, tummy, arms, and hands. Be sure you brush towards the heart, using easy strokes on areas of sensitive skin, and stay away from the nipples or face. OUCH! You can vastly improve the quality and benefits of this daily practice by adding a few drops of essential oils to the tips of the bristles before use. Our Opulent Skin Drops have had great results reducing scars, brown “age” spots, banishing pimples and improving circulation!
4. You need to get into the shower, so that all of the dead skin cells are washed down the drain with warm water. Use a cold water spritzer at the end to aid in blood circulation, then dry your skin good with a dry towel to help further with circulation. Finish off the process with a natural oil based moisturizer for your skin like Skin Renewal Solution.
Dry brushing the skin before bathing has been used as a method of whole body cleansing that has been practiced by various cultures throughout recorded history.
Join Us for a FREE 7-Day Raw Food or Whole Food Detox as the Perfect Way to Bring In Spring: Starts March 25!
Starting up in just a few days our 7-Day Whole Food and Raw Food Detox is the perfect chance to learn a few helpful, simple tips to guide you through a gentle seasonal cleanse. Whether you’re transitioning to spring or fall, taking a few days to simplify your diet, cleanse your body and eliminate toxic build-up will leave you feeling energized and inspired!
Here’s to your gorgeous skin and radiant health,
p.s. In order to make our authentic beauty experience a little more affordable, we’ve simplified it and created an authentic beauty skin care ki! You can access this new, more affordable kit here:
Authentic Beauty Skin Care Kit
The Most Be-You-tiful Thing You Can Do! 😉