Raw Recipe: Lymph Cleaning Wild Juice
~ by Shirley Kay
Our lymphatic system is a complex drainage system that is made up of lymph nodes, vessels, spleen and thymus. Our lymphatic system plays an important role in fighting infections and absorbing waste materials to help keep us healthy.
Sometimes the lymph system can become clogged. This can happen because of a lack of exercise, iodine deficiency, illness or digestive imbalances. This in turn can cause illness and disease in our bodies.
Below is a refreshing, cleansing wild juice blend that can help keep our lymphatic system cleansed and doing it’s job!
Lymph Cleaning Wild Juice
- 2 handfuls of dandelion
- 2 handfuls of cleavers
- 4 sticks of celery
- 1 whole cucumber
- 2 apples
- ¼ of lemon with skin
- ¼ of lime with skin
Process all ingredients through a juicer and enjoy the amazing benefits described below.
Nutrition and Health Benefits of this Lymph Loving Juice
Dandelion and cleavers are two of nature’s top free superfoods and natural medicine.
- Dandelion is a liver and gallbladder tonic that helps with detoxification, digestion and clearing the blood and lymph.
- Cleavers help move and dissolve lymphatic congestion, acting a bit like a pipe cleaner for the lymph. Great for treating fluid retention and any skin condition.
- Celery is a good natural source of vitamin C, sodium and potassium and is a great all round detoxifier and cleanser. It contains a nutrient compound called coumarins, which stimulates the lymphatic system, encouraging an increased circulation of lymphatic fluid.
- Cucumbers are one of the best natural diuretic and kidney cleansers there is. They have a very high, nutrient rich water content creating great hydration for the tissues. Cucumbers are also high in silica which strengthens the connective tissues (muscles, tendons, ligaments and cartilage) and gives elasticity to the skin making it great for the complexion.
- Apples. You know what they say – an apple a day to keep chronic disease away! The apples add a delicious sweetener to the juice. They are also packed with disease fighting vitamins, minerals, powerful antioxidants and more – that help resist infection and scavenge free radicals that cause inflammation.
- Lemons and limes are a great source of calcium, vitamin C, magnesium and potassium – minerals and antioxidants that improve the appearance and condition of our hair, skin and nails. These little yellow and green superstars also add a refreshing zest to this already top-notch health juice.
Shirley is the owner of Osteopathy and Natural Health Clinic and works as an Osteopath and Naturopath providing a holistic system of care to patients.
If you’d like to try a Gentle Juice Cleanse to detoxify your body, improve your mood, health, energy and take a few years off your face in the process, pack your re-usable grocery bags and head to the nearest produce section. But before you do, sign up for our 10-day kickstart course to guide you through everything you need to know and do to be successful with a gentle juice cleanse!
Here’s to your health!